Friday, February 20, 2009

Wasted

I’m sitting here at work, pluggin away and doing my data entry… Listening to Pandora. Today I’m on a country music kick. Country music really is so emotional. Sometimes it manes me want to cry, other times it just gives me Goosebumps. All of a sudden, a song comes on that I have heard before, but it hit me differently today. Carrie Underwood’s “Wasted”

Cause' I don't wanna' spend my life jaded
Waiting to wake up one day and find
That I've let all these years go by
Wasted
Oh I don't wanna' keep on wishing, missing
The still of the morning, the color of the night
I ain't spending no more time
Wasted

It got to me. Am I wasting my life? What happened to me dreams? All the things I wanted to do… I don’t even know what my dreams are anymore. Do I have any? It got to me.

Not to mention that yesterday the temp here told me “I don’t know what its like to want something so bad and not get it” Um… excuse me? I'm told she’s a spoiled brat.
I’m a dreamer, or at least I was. Ugh…

No comments:

Post a Comment