Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I decided that since we had some strawberries that were on their way out,
I'd make a yummie french toast recipe I found online.

It's a healthy french toast bake.
It involved making a sort of a syrup...


I used baguette, cream cheese, preserves, milk and eggs....
Bake, then:

It was Yum!
I would put less sugar with the strawberries next time and a little more in with the eggs.
The family said there should be more egg mixture as well.
Also, I think I didn't use enough cream cheese.
Next time it will be better!


I also made Chicken Tikka Masala today!
It was SO delish!

I had to fist mash up some Garlic..

But I definitely made too much...

Grated some ginger...

And marinated the chicken in the garlic, ginger, yogurt...
My darling Gail called to wish my mom a happy mothers day...
she also has mucho questions about things Armenian for a tattoo...

The sauce before I added the milk..
Chicken on the grill...

How good does that look?!

MMMmmmm...

Garlic Naan from S&S... not amazing, but not awful...

Meal was delish! And there's lots of leftovers for dinner tomorrow!


Earlier today I made a fruit salad too, fresh mango, cantaloupe, strawberries,
kiwi and grapes with some fresh mint leaves *just* picked
from the garden with a touch of orange juice.
A perfect dessert to the meal.


It was a lot of work and I was on my feet for most of the day...
I'm beat, so tired, but I loved it.

I love to cook and bake.
When I told Kate I've always wanted to be a homemaker, she thought I was kidding.
Jokes on... someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment