Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mexican Inspired Salad

I have a quick and easy dish I’ll likely be making on the regular for lunch and anytime I need a quick and easy meal.  It’s a Mexican inspired quinoa salad. I took two recipes and mashed them together to create my own, which means you can make changes to it as well, add what you like, and omit what you don’t!

I used a can of beans this time, but in the future I’d likely use dry beans, they’re fresher and have less “crap” in them! I also use frozen edamame and corn, you can use fresh. I don’t particularly like canned vegetables if I can help it.


Ingredients:

Half a green bell pepper, chopped
Half a red bell pepper, chopped
Half a small onion, chopped
Can of beans, I used kidney
1 cup corn, I used frozen
1 cup edamame, frozen
About 1 ½ cups Quinoa or some other grain you’d rather use
Avocado
Kale
Salsa

Mix all the ingredients except the avocado, kale and salsa together. You can now put it in the fridge and it will last several days. When you’re going to serve, put a bed of kale in your dish, or in my case, container for work, put the salad over the kale, top with some avocado and a spoonful of salsa (I used whole foods brand bean and corn salsa. I don’t mix it together in case of anything getting soggy.


I love this dish! If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment