Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Transformation Thursday

Okay, okay... I'm not doing it right, but you know what? I'm a rebel. I do as I please.

In the last two weeks, my students have started to noticed/realized I've lost weight. I'm not sure if they realized how much weight, not that it matters. As of the moment I'm typing this, I've lost just over 45 pounds and about 2 pant sizes plus a few bra sizes. It's been quite a ride!

I get all sorts of reactions and responses to this...
I've had co-workers ask me what I'm doing, call me "skinny-mini," make a big deal about the weight loss, and comment on how they're about to "go on a diet" or how I've inspired them to try some plant-based meals. One of my friends from work commented this week how she can't believe how much weight I've lost while eating carbs!

Students have said I looked good, noticed my clothes, I had a student ask (as if I missed it) "You know what miss?" "What?" "You lost weight!" -- Did he think I didn't notice? I had a girl tell me I looked better (gee thanks!! lol) and one girl actually touched me and made a compliment (I'm still not sure if I should feel uncomfortable by that...)

Friends have congradulated me.

They all have one thing in common: When/if they ask how I did it (unless they know already), they all tell me they couldn't do it becuase they'd miss [insert dairy item here]. Then they typically call me crazy!

I actually had a 5th grader tell me I looked good thinner and commented on how my salad was gross (mind you she never tasted it - she just sees me eat them every Friday on my lunch duty) and she commented: "Well, at least you're losing weight!" Because what other reason would you eat a salad for?? It doesn't matter that I tell her I love salads! And not for nothin, but I make bangin salads! I've had several 7th and 8th graders ask to try it (mostly boys!) and every one of them has loved it and commented on their surprise that they love it! A couple students actually asked me if I'd consider making them salads for money, and some just asked me to make them a salad.

Back to the title: Transformation.

It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized I was getting smaller. Obviously I knew I was losing weight, but I didn't see it. Even up to like 30 pounds, I didn't see it. This week I noticed that my muscles are looking great! For the last every weeks I've been doing only weight training at the gym and the proof is in the pudding. When I flex my bicepts, my sholders and arms look awesome. I'm so proud of the ard work I'm putting in!

That being said, I've been getting a bit lazy when it comes to cardio. As most people know, the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is to drop the pounds. While I have a number for a goal weight in mind, I'm more interested in a pants size becuase I know that muscle weighs more than fat and so I know I may not get to that number, but I use it as a guide. My ultimate goal is to be a size 10 or 12 pant, and I realize i ned to kick it up a notch if I want to get there. Hence my comment about cardio. For the first time in months, I ran this morning ... and it didnt hurt! Week 1 Day 1 of the C25K si now under my belt! I'm going to take it slow and steady and hopfully I can start running more regularly becuase I really do miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment