Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I recently found an old recipe I hadn't seen in years! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies I used to make at my parents bakery.  I knew the recipe made a crap ton of cookies, but I decided I didn't care. I was going to bake them anyway.

After adding the dry ingredients to the wet, the dough wouldn't stay in the bowl of my stand mixer!! It was quite interesting... I had to stop, and fold the chocolate chips in and even had to get into it with my hands!

The finished product?

Well worth it.



I gave a lot of these cookies out and everyone that had them LOVED them! That makes me VERY happy! I love this recipe, and I hope you do to... my suggestion? Make half the recipe!!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream together:
2 c butter
2c sugar
2 c brown sugar
4 eggs

Mix together:
4 c flour
5c oatmeal (put a small amount into a blender until it turns to powder)
1 tsp salt
2tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla

mix all together and:
24 oz of chocolate chips
8oz Hershey bar grated
3 c chopped nuts (any kind)

Shape into golf ball size balls (I like to use an ice cream (cookie) scoop, it makes things nice and equal sized, no guess work.
Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (I always line my sheet with parchment paper) and bake for 6 minutes at 375 degrees

Yield ~ 112 cookies (a.k.a. Crap-ton)

10 comments:

  1. Holy Moley! 112 cookies!! thats a sugar coma recipie. Looks AH-Mazing tho. I want some... but alas i need to get through one week of my 60 day chalenge before i introduce the good stuff ;-). save me one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie closeup--yum!

    My preferred chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe is from my home ec class in middle school--the teacher added 2 T of wheat germ like that would make them healthy, but it's no match for the sugar and butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like that... I'm going to have to try something like that! :-) Replace some wheat of flour with some of that healthy crap and you get a healthier even Yummier cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are very good. I made a half batch and got 28 cookies, yours must be very small! Thought I like a big thick cookie!, Thank you for sharing this recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica, I'm glad you like this recipe! Its my go-to and its so tasty, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I do make my cookies more on the smaller size (I use a cookie scoop that is about 1-1.5 inches), that way I can eat two and feel less guilty!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes it is! Let me know how you like them when to make them!

      Delete
  6. I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I absolutely loved every bit of it.

    I've got you book-marked to look att new stuff youu
    post…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent posted a blog entry and quite a while, but I'm sure I will again someday!

      Delete