Monday, February 16, 2009

Marry me!

Lately I have not been wanting to blog. Well, thats not true. I like to blog, I just haven't wanted to get on the computer when I go home which makes blogging difficult!

Work has been super busy and I deff hate the computer right now.

I have joined twitterville whole heartedly and I think some people think I'm weird. Oh well, I like it. Its fun and interesting and I like the little peek I get into certain celebrities lives. Demi Moore actually suggested a book that I think I might read, I looked it up and it sounds interesting!

Anyway, I was discussing with a friend the other day about how I feel like - well I dont know how to describe it in a few words. There are so many people my age and younger who are married and have children and all that, and while I'm happy for my friends, of course I'm happy for my friends, I feel... out of place? I'm fine with being single. I like it, I'm in no rush. If I find a guy, great! But I'm not going to have a date every night to find a man and get married so I can get divorced in 5 years (lets not discuss my issues with marriage and not thinking its really going to ever work).

I cannot believe I'm 28. My friend pointed out she doesn't think I am. She considers me her age - 22. I feel 22! I don't think I've changed much. I mean I've grown, I've learned a lot. I just feel 22, whihc I also feel is too young to get married!!!

Would I like to get married one day? I think so. Do I want to have kids one day? I think so. Do I want that day to be today? No (well thats a lie, I feel like things would be easier) Do I want a house with a white picket fence? No, well, not really... maybe?

If you don't know me, then know this: I'm very easy going, I'd go with any flow. Any flow at all... So I don't care if I'm single (until my friends are all with their lovers and I'm alone with nothing to do) I don't care that I don't have kids (until I spend the day with 3 beautiful red heads and want one of my own).

Right now I am fairly busy. I work, I go to the gym, I vegge out. I need my vegge out time. (That doesn't sound very busy huh?) I want to take classes this summer and fall, I want to continue my education. Where does a man fit into that? I realized last week, I'd need a man who is decisive. Someone to make my decisions for me. Someone to tell me what I should do, Someone to help me decide? (Sorry feminists... I can't help it!!)

Maybe I should have an arranged marriage and move on?

Ugh... I can't imagine being an old maid forever, but at the same time I can't imagine any other life.

No comments:

Post a Comment