Last year I made a list of things I wanted to do, a very long (300) list of (mostly) little things that basically were meant to help me get back to the basics and spend time with myself, etc, etc. Looking back on the list, I realized that even though I gave up on it (I got busy training for a half-a-thon and grandma got sick, etc, etc… yes I’m making excuses…) I actually did a bunch of things on there! Yes I’m patting myself on the back…
Anyway, I don’t think I realized how ambitious my list from last year was and well, I’m a procrastinator with ADHD (I guess saying I have ADHD should be enough since most of us ARE procrastinators) and, like I said, when I got busy, I gave up on the list. So why do I think I can follow through this time? Well, The list is more manageable. It is less than one a week. And it’s a list of things that I think I want to have done before I turn 31.
I am posting it on my blog because I want to make sure you ALL hold me accountable. I will also mention it and post it at my big birthday party. If I’m not holding up my end of the bargain, feel free to call me out on it.
This is my list of 30 things I want to have done in my 30th year!
- Go Skydiving
- Crash a party (Mel says this is a must)
- Train and finish my 2nd and 3rd half marathon and start training for a full marathon
- Go on an All American Road Trip
- Bungee jump
- See the Grand Canyon, and hike part if it.
- Take a dance class, a series of classes (Tango, salsa,
- Ride in a hot air balloon
Learn to drive a stick shift car (Just so I can say I CAN drive one)
- Explore the Connecticut wine trails
- Organize my life (does that sound broad?)
- Cast on and knit my first sweater (I know just want I want to do too…)
Go Wale Watching
- Ice Skate in NYC
- Work on my addiction
- Give up all Alcohol, (except at my birthday party - I mean you can’t train for races and drink… its not kosher)
- Take more pictures, document life and nature
- Build a sandcastle
- Go body boarding on the Jersey shore
- Go Rock Climbing (in door since I’d otherwise kill myself)
Go to a Country bar and learn at least one line dance Go to a live taping of a show
- Plan a Mad Tea Party, everyone must dress up
- Watch an episode of Bob Ross’ show on You Tube, and paint along with him
- Go for a Paint ball fight with friends
- Get to know my brother better
- Make an effort to blog once a week. Getting things out of my head is much needed!
If you’re interested in anything on this list, let me know. Post on the blog or email me, and we’ll do them together. Maybe you don’t want to go bungee jumping, but you want to watch me? That’s cool too!! I’ll need the support! And someone to take pictures/video!!