Thursday, January 12, 2012

Running right along

Its been a little difficult for me to get my running started this time around... for some reason. 


As you may know by now, I am running in the April 28th Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville. If you don't know then... what the heck?!  I am running for the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Team in Training. I'm actually pretty excited because there's an article about me in the Fairfield Patch.   You can make a donation for the cause here. I have a large goal, and I will do anything I can to get there! The article int he paper basically will tell you why I wanted to do this.


From the Thanksgiving day Turkey trot, it was many weeks since I ran again. Actually, I think I didn't run, like RUN until a couple weeks ago.  I hate starting from zero. I hate it, but I make myself do it because I don't keep it up.  I was told by my friend Michele (yes, the triathlete) I should update people on my training... apparently people are into reading that crap. =)


Today was a good day. I'm currently running intervals and I'm pushing myself to build up faster than maybe I would had I started running weeks earlier. According to the TNT schedule, I should be running more miles than I am, but I can't follow that to a tee because I need to just be where my body is. 


I had set a time goal for myself today - I'd run for 45 minutes (50 if you include the cool-down), but then I realized the distance would just make it (5K)... so I had a goal for both. 


The last 10 minutes, I straight ran, non-stop (of course with a cool-down walk at the END - 6 minutes). I didn't think I would make it, but at the same time I knew I would... I just felt like I was going to fall over. I pushed myself to run those 10 minutes, and I did and I felt GREAT.  


People out there think they can't run because of X, Y & Z reasons... I never ran a LICK until I was 29 years old. This month or next makes 2 years of running for me (more off than on).  Just because you never ran, doesn't mean you can't. I mean look at Sister Madonna, for goodness sake!!

If you have any running tips, feel free to share! If you'd like some running tips (not that I'm the be all and end all of information - but at least I know where to ask if I'm unsure) ask away!  I can give you advice of how I got through things and what has helped me and what I've been given as advice! I am proud to say I've inspired a few people to start running, and that feels awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment