Monday, December 29, 2008

Competitive Housewife?

I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes I find I'm so competitive about things. It's weird. It could be anything from "no my family is crazier" to "I can do this better than you" to "I'm smarter/dumber." I mean, seriously... is it so necessary for me to be so competitive. If I'm playing sports I try to be the best, but I don't actually go out to play sports, I don't haven't eh desire to beat people.

It even comes into play when I go to the gym. Well, when I'm in the aerobic classes. I don't mind not being as good as other people my age, I DO however, have a problem being as bad if not worse than people older than I am. I took a Zumba class this summer, and I hadn't been to the gym in like 2 weeks before. It worked my ass off and I wanted to slow down, take a break or something, but there was an old lady who was still going. I pushed myself so hard just to keep up with her. forgetting the fact that she obviously went to this class regularly...

So this weekend I rediscovered my dream to be a house wife. Most women, especially in this day and age, do not wish to be anything like a house wife. They don't want to be a stay at home mom, they want to be the bread winner. Me, I'm traditional, I'm old fashioned. I would love nothing more than to be at home and take care of the home and have dinner on the table for my man when he gets home. I know that if I ever met a feminist, she'd hate me, and I'm okay with that, because that's just what I've always wanted. I'm not so sure I can have children, so I may not have kids to be home with, but even if i worked part time and worked at keeping the home the rest of the time, that's what I would want.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a housewife of the desperate variety or the orange country variety (God forbid) but I think it'd be a great gig... no?

No comments:

Post a Comment