Sunday, October 23, 2011

Poppers


My mother planted about half a dozen jalapeño plants this year. My father and brother love hot peppers, but for some reason, this summer, they barely touched them!

The spices.

Cut to this week. Mom is pulling the plants outa the ground. ALL the plants have a crap ton of jalapeños on them.  With so many jalapeños, and no one to eat them, mom donated a bunch to family and friends. And we still have so many. 
The cheese is ready for stuffing!
We had cousins over yesterday so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to make jalapeño poppers!  I found a few recipes but didn't love them enough so I made my own.
No more veins! No more seeds!

The poppers came out really good, but really hot. If you want to make this, I suggest less cayenne pepper, if not taking it out all together. Unless, of course, you love spicy food. My cousins couldn't get enough oh these.  I also would put less shredded cheese and maybe a difference kind. I only had the shredded mexican blend on hand, so it's what I used.  Next time I'll use 6 oz of cheddar.

Baked and ready to be eaten!

Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to hear how yours turns out. :-)


Ani's Jalapeño Poppers

Ingredients:

  • 30 jalapeño peppers
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 8 oz shredded cheese, Mexican cheese blend
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne, or less, to taste
  • 1 tablespoons paprika
  • 1 tablespoons salt
  • 1 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper (ours is fresh ground and very powerful)
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme

Cut jalapeños in half and de-vein and remove seeds. Make sure you wear gloves!


Combine the rest of the ingredients. When well combined, spoon the mixture into the jalapeños. Feel free to over fill.


Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment