Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dickens Festival

I had the pleasure earlier this month to witness, for the first time, Port Jefferson's Dickens Festival.  What a gas it was!  My neighbor invited me to join her and their exchange student on this little trip;  I had no plans for the day since my father changed his flight home from Lebanon a week, so I happily went.
Me: You looking SMASHING!
Man with top hat: Speaking of Smashing, TIME TO GET SMASHED!





First of all, anytime I can go somewhere by not driving, I'm a happy camper!  On the ferry ride, we looked at the schedule of what there was to do, and boy was there a lot. A WHOLE lot!  We looked at and pointed out things we each thought looked fun, not that it mattered because we ended up being so overwhelmed! But we did check in to see everything.


Constable, me & the Mayor. Mayor wanted to be my boyfriend.


If you are looking for something to do next December, I highly recommend you grab your kids or your girlfriends and make a day of it. Although there is something going on every day for the long weekend (Friday - Sunday) I was informed by the sweet lady who owns an antique shop that Saturday is the best day, and you better come early in the day next year!
Sweet young girl.
The village was bright with Holiday spirit!

The best part, for me, was the spirit in the air. I loved that the residents all really get into it and dress for the day in period clothing walking and running around the village in character.  We went and enjoyed a beautiful choir while having "high tea," we roasted marshmallows on a fire, we watched families ice skating  it was all in all a fun day out.
Livvy & Kasia reading to some kids ;-)
December 2012? I plan to be there! Who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment