Saturday, December 31, 2011

A look back, 30 in 30


When I made my 30 in 30 list, I had high hopes for myself. I thought, "Yes, I'm unemployed, but I'll find a job, I will make this list happen!"


Its coming to the close of the year and its been tough because I had to admit defeat.


Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what has materialized over the course of this year. I mean, I have discovered a once forgotten dream of being a math teacher, and I've been admitted into a great education program with a math specific internship. What more can I ask for?


I've been able to do a bunch of the things on my list, but I had to change some and remove some and... well, its been tough to let go of things I wanted to be able to do because I'm pretty stubborn!


Some of the things I didn't do would not have been difficult or expensive, unfortunately, the last few months were too busy for me to have the time and the next few years (18 months or so, actually) will be busier still.


I'll have to decide in the few days if I want to transfer these to another list, probably not a 31 in 31,  or something or to just make a bucket list. Maybe I'll make a list of 10 - 12 things I want to do this year. Smaller number, less stress, and definitely make sure they're all within my budget.


I'm not the type to make resolutions. It is said that most people who make resolutions break them within weeks, so why bother. If I want to change something in my life, I do it right then and there. I don't wait. I'm always looking for ways to better myself, to be a better version of me. 




Do you make resolutions? What are they? I'd love to hear your goals for the year!  If you don't make resolutions, why not? Do you not believe in them like me, or do you just know you'll give up in a few weeks so why bother?  I'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have an idea for me, something I should add to my list, let me know. I'll be posting it on my 2nd birthday (January 2nd).  Which reminds me, have I ever told you I have two birthdays?!  Well, thats a story for another day.   Have a happy and safe New Years Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment