Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tofu Scramble Recipe


One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is a tofu scramble. It's a great meal because theres so many veggies and its delicious! The other reason why this is so good is that you can use any vegetables you want to make it.


I've made this a couple times since I've gone plant-based and I've made it with different veggies every time.







Think about what vegetables you want to add; I start with chopped onion, saute in water, then slowly add vegetables little by little starting with the ones that take longer to cook to showerer to cook. If you use mushrooms, add them in after the onion becuase mushrooms release water as you cook them.

If you're going whole food plant-based like me, or just watching your intake of oils nad fats, you just add a little water as it evaporates.

I normally add the chopped tofu last, unless I'm adding leafy greens like I did here with spinach and kale. I added the leafy greens last as they only need a minute to wilt just a little and turn a bright green!

Once I've added the tofu, I add my seasoning: salt, pepper, other spices...






Tell me this doesn't look delicious!

My mother thinks I'm crazy for cutting out even oils from my diet. "But oil is good for you!" If you're following the plan that the doctors all talk about in the documentary Forks over Knives, also known as a Whole Food Plabt-Based Diet, then that means no processed foods. Oils, all oils, are technically processed, whether you think they're 'healthy' or not.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment