Sunday, July 19, 2009

touched...

I'm not one to post lyrics... But Kid Rocks latest song really touched me....


It's another night in hellAnother child won't live to tellCan you imagine what it's like to starve to deathAnd as we sit free and wellAnother soldier has to yellTell my wife and children I love them in his last breathC'mon now amen, amen, amenHabitual offenders, scumbag lawyers with agendasI'll tell you sometimes people I don't know what's worseNatural disasters or these wolves in sheep clothes pastorsNow damn it I'm scared to send my children to churchAnd how can we seek salvation when our nations race relationsGot me feeling guilty of being whiteBut faith in human nature, our creator and our savior, I'm no saintBut I believe in what is rightC'mon now amen, amenI said amen, amenStop pointing fingers and take some blame,Pull your future away from the flameOpen up your mind and start to liveStop short changing your neighborsLiving off hand outs and favors, and maybeGive a little bit more than you got to giveSimplify, testify, identify, rectifyAnd if I get high stop being so uptightIt's only human nature and I am not a strangerSo baby won't you stay with me tonig

No comments:

Post a Comment